Dearne Valley Residential – Year 5 and 6
On the 25th – 27th September 2013 our year 5 and year 6 pupils attended a residential in the Dearne Valley. They arrived in glorious sunshine on Wednesday afternoon and did Jacob’s ladder and zip wire challenge. After tea they did a ‘scrap heap’ challenge before a warming drink of hot chocolate and bed. On the Thursday they had a full day of activities including bush craft, problem solving, team challenge and orienteering. After tea on Thursday they had a Bonfire and Sing along. They finished the residential by doing 2 final activities including the High Ropes, before returning home on Friday. The weather was glorious throughout the trip and all children were impeccably well behaved and have grown in confidence and maturity.
Robinwood Residential – Year 3 and 4
Our Year 3 and Year 4 Classes went on a Residential to the Robinwood Activity Centre in Todmorden on the 15/16th May 2014. This was a really successful residential – we are extremely happy to say how proud we are of the children who attended the Robinwood Visit. The centre staff commented on how polite and well behaved the children were and also on how they threw themselves into all the acitivities. The staff who accompanied them were also very impressed and would like to say that the children are a credit to the school and look forward to any future residentials.
- The whole of KS2 went to see ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ at Wakefield Theatre Royal
- Year 6 attended the Lowry Museum, went on a day trip to Whitby and visited Bradford University for a science workshop which involved examining ancient bones!
- Year 5 went on a trip to Ewden Water Treatment works
- Year 5 and 6 went to Kings to watch their production of ‘Grease’
- Year 4 visited Wakefield Museum to learn about bones
- Years 1 and 2 went on a visit to Abbey House Museum and one to Wakefield Museum
- Reception visited the National Railway Museum and Yorkshire Wildlife Park
- The whole school had a visit from an actor dressed as Willy Wonka as part of World Book Week – he held an assembly and workshops throughout the day
- Year 1 – 5 took part in an African Drumming workshop
- Year 6 attended Kings school to watch a French theatre production called ‘Bon Voyage’. They also had visits from an author and illustrator, which resulted in the production of an e-book: Meat Fights Back by Larks Hill
- Both Year 5 and 6 visited Pontefract Library to find out about how the library works
- Years 4 and 5 completed their level 1/2 in Cycling Proficiency
- Year 3 took part in ‘Play in a Day’- they came up with a fantastic play about the solar system