At Larks Hill we strongly promote independence, responsibility, resilience and resourcefulness. The pupils’ voice is embedded in the school ethos and celebration of children’s achievement is promoted in a wide variety of different ways:
- School Council – School Councillors are elected using a formal election process at the beginning of the year. Representatives of the School Council range from Y2 – Y6. The School Council promotes pupils’ voice and empowers our children to have an input into what happens within school and school life.
- Eco Team – This group of children meet to discuss energy-saving strategies and ways of improving the school environment to make them greener. This group assisted in the application for and the successful achievement of both our Eco Schools Green Flag.
- Peer Buddies – These children go through a formal interview led by members of staff and existing Buddies. If successful, the new buddies have two days of formal training after which they join a group of children from Y4 – Y6 who have the responsibility of resolving minor incidents as well as promoting well-being and self-esteem on the playground.
- FitBods – These children organise and run activities at lunchtime to keep children occupied and engaged.
- Monitors – Year 6 pupils are given a variety of monitor duties in their final year at Larks Hill.
Pupils of Larks Hill have worked together to produce this school prayer.
Thank you for our family and friends.
Thank you for the food we eat and the homes we live in.
Thank you for our school.
Help us to try hard in everything we do.
Help us to look after each other.
Help us to love learning.
May our school be a happy place.